We Are Hiring
- District Program Officer – Key Responsibilities –
- The job of District Program Officer (DPO) will require extensive travel by boat on the river Brahmaputra in order to provide primary health care services to people residing in the chars/saporis of that district.
- The DPO primary role will be to organize health camps which will involve routine immunization, health checkup, antenatal & postnatal checkup, family planning activities, awareness programs, meetings etc. and any other related work assigned by District Health Society (DHS) and C-NES.
- He/She will be responsible for improving the overall health indicators of the assigned / targeted areas in collaboration with the DHS and related institutions.
- He/She will be responsible for fieldwork like survey interviews, regular data collection and reporting at the end of each month, as well as collection of secondary data with reference to the said projects. In addition, quarterly / biannual and annual reports will have to be prepared with details of activity and achievement.
- He/She will implement all assigned work involving the district Boat Clinic unit including management of logistics and finance for the smooth delivery of the mandated services in the field.
- He/She will be supported by a health team consisting of Medical Officer, Pharmacist. Laboratory Technician, ANMs, Community Workers, Boat crew and others.
- In order to achieve the program goals, maintenance of cordial relations with the communities located in the assigned project area, as well as with the officials of the district Health, Administration, NHM as well as the Program Management Unit (PMU) C-NES and team members of the Boat Clinic unit is a requisite.
- DPO is also expected to submit a regular monthly detailed expenditure statement by the 7th (seventh) of every month along with proper vouchers, bills, receipts, and keep proper records of all financial transaction related to the program as per the financial guidelines.
- He/She will be required to work in the field for not less than 20 days and located in the district HQ within a radius within 2 KM from the district Boat Clinic Office.
- On non field days he/she will attend official meetings and complete administrative work which includes update of records, registers, stock, finance etc.
The Centre for North East Studies & Policy Research (C-NES), Guwahati Office invites online applications for appointment on contractual basis for the position of District Program Officer under Boat Clinic Program supported by NHM, Govt. of Assam. Candidates can apply at email@example.com on or before 21st March 2023. Candidates not having the requisite qualification and other criteria need not apply.
- Required qualification and experience:
- Full time Master’s Degree in Social Works (MSW)/Sociology/Rural Development from a recognized university.
- Preference will be given to the candidate having minimum 2 years experience of working with rural communities.
- High level of integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Assamese.
- Salary: INR 20,000/- per month (consolidated).